'The next time you’re tempted to groan, you might try to laugh instead. It will extend your life and make the lives of all those around you more enjoyable. ... The way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life. ... As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial. We can say, as did my mother, “Come what may, and love it.”'

-Joseph B. Wirthlin, “Come What May, and Love It,” Ensign, Nov 2008, 26–28

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Clean up on Aisle 4

I was downstairs in my sewing room so grateful for how my kids 
were getting along and letting me work.  The laughter of their
play in the kitchen echoed down the stairs.  So sweet I though 
how much fun they are having...........wait!  I proceeded up the stairs unsure
of what I would find and wouldn't you know it there my three kids were
laughing and slipping on what....raw egg everywhere.  They had had a full on
egg fight using nearly a dozen eggs.  As I stood as the top of the stairs surveying
the mess and watching all three slipping and sliding on the gooey, slimy surface
LAUGHTER EXPLODED from my chest!!! I couldn't stop!  It was absolutely the
funniest thing I ever saw and they were having the time of their lives!




After putting them all in the bath washed them up and put them on my bed to watch TV while I turned my efforts to the kitchen.  After nearly 45 minutes of coaxing the slime off the floor and the cabinets I'll tell ya I've never seen a shinier floor.  Who need floor wax? Try egg-shine! Finally, I head to my room to lay down the law and find this --------------->

my heart melted and I smiled! 

WHAT A FUN DAY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment